Next silly Q, ktorrent this time.

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Mon Dec 1 06:43:01 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 30 November 2008, g wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>>> I did the sha1sum on the burnt disk, it was good, but the dvd doesn't
>>> autoboot in the machine I was going to put it on.  Ubuntu's Hardy Heron cd
>>> does, in the same dvd reader. I haven't tried it here to see if it will
>>> autoboot though, and should.
>>>
>> if sha1sum check is good, it should boot.
>>
>> if box it will not boot in has old bios, then dvd may not be recognized,
>> while a cd is.
>>

> I just tried it with several other mixed dvd's and cd's that were supposedly
> bootable, and they all did, except the F10 dvd.  I just burnt another, same
> brand of media as the Fu9 I have installed on it, and from the same spindle
> of HP dvd-r disks, just for grins.  And it won't boot in that drive either.
> The bios does look at the disk, it just doesn't like what it sees I guess.
>

>> when box boots, press <scroll lock> to hold bios notice and write it down.
>> check mainboard site for bios upgrade.
>>

> This bios ignores that, I had a hell of a time catching it and memorizing it.
>
> Phoenix Bios 6.0.D.  The box is old, 1Ghz athlon.>
>
>>> Down with a cold, I haven't really felt like doing a whole lot.
>>>
>> take 2 aspirin, 2 sudafed, and a pint of bourbon. may not help rid your
>> cold, but your nose will not be running and you really will not mind.
>>

> I learned decades ago, that when I mix alcohol with a cold, its an instant
> strept throat & 2 weeks on Erythromycin 500's, 3x/day.
>

>>> some drawer and door handles for an entertainment center I'm building
>>> yesterday,
>>>
>> mythtv?
>>

> Naw, just a place for all her media, a 42" tv, the tuner/amp, dvd player and
> somewhere along the line a decent turntable so I can rip about 300 pounds of
> 12" lp's accumulated over a 34 year period of teaching primary school kids
> something about music.  8 drawers in the bottom of it, 2 big enough for lp's
> on edge. I don't think they will hold them all either, but...
>
>>> but my shop has very little heat and the current temp is about 2C.
>>> Being diabetic, that equals some darned cold feet. :(
>>>
>> lay cardboard on floor where working.
>>

> Don't have any that big, but I have noted that a layer of wood chips from the
> planer or jointer sure help.  Then the missus wanders in and ask's me when am
> I going to clean this mess up. ;)p  I don't think she connects the sawdust to
> the slowly dwindling stack of cherry, and the slowly growing piece of
> furniture.  Sorta like carving a big block of granite into an elephant, you
> hammer and chisel away that which is not part of an elephant.  Eventually,
> somebody has got to run a broom or vacuum.  Two vacs in there, but tied to
> the saw and sander ATM. And the next time I dump them will overflow a
> contractor cleanup bag, the big black ones.
>

>> even if you are not bald headed, where
>> a knit cap. cardboard helps keep coldness away from feet. cap stops body
>> heat from rapid escape from brain area. :o)

> [...]
...and I was looking forward to seeing a picture of Gene....

http://gene.homelinux.net:85   gives be the Apache test page,

but neither
    http://gene.homelinux.net:85/Gene
nor
    http://gene.homelinux.net:85/Gene/Genes-Web-pages.html

Give me anything but  an error page saying:

    Not Found
    The requested URL /Gene/Genes-Web-pages.html was not found on this
server.
    Apache/2.2.9 (Fedora) Server at gene.homelinux.net Port 85

~~R