Unable to install F10 with kickstart

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:27:54 UTC 2008

Laszlo BERES wrote:

> As I read your BZ and earlier posts, you've used manual installation, am
> I right? The way you described works well in interactive mode, but not
> with kickstart.

I am not sure what you mean by manual - but I also extracted the vmlinuz and
initrd.img files from the iso, and placed them in /boot and then made an
additional grub.conf entry like you did so that physical optical media were
not need (but had burned a DVD in case of emergency).  I also initiated the
start of the install from the physical DVD as a test once I had fathomed out
the correct HD install parameters.

I tried adding both the hd definition to the kernel boot line, as well as
booting the install and adding the information from the graphical entry on
screen - and all three methods now allow the install to continue.

In your case you are now doing the same (assuming you have images directory
in the same dir as the iso) but the only difference is now that you also use
a kickstart file in a different (and presumably non-root) partition
(/dev/sda1).  I wonder if the fact that the .ks file is also not in the same
directory matters?

I think I would try to put the kickstart file in the same directory as the
iso and see if that works. I am not sure why your method fails to work but
then I was bitten by the change from previous tradition in my own case!

Mike