VMware tools install fails in F10- Kernel now hosed.

RThimble at century-bank.com RThimble at century-bank.com
Mon Dec 1 14:44:04 UTC 2008

Upgrading Fedora from F8 to F10 using preupgrade in VMware 6.5 was
somewhat painless. Installing vmware tools has been anything but. The
vmware-tools install failed when trying to lock the file system, now the
kernel is hosed. What I need is boot options in grub to not load what
vmware client services did get installed. I am clueless as to if this is
possible or not or what the syntax is to the boot loader. Your help would
be greatly appreciated.

Rick

E-Mail confidentiality disclaimer:

The information contained in this message (including attachments) may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message, destroying all copies and deleting it from your computer.