nx client and F10

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200812 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:49:02 UTC 2008

Prasan Hettiarachchi <prasanhetti at gmail.com> writes:
> Also make sure you have  gnome-keyring-pam installed and your
> /etc/pam.d/gdm contains following two lines.
>
> auth       optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so
> session    optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start

It appears that F10 has that stuff installed out of the box.  If I
login on the console and my ssh-keys use the same passphrase as my
unix login then the ssh keys get unlocked and added automatically.

I didn't notice any key unlocking breakage when going to F10 (or the
previous one or two fedoras for that matter).  My only gripe is that
"ssh-add -l" doesn't show the filename that the key came from when
using the gnome keyring stuff.  That makes it hard for my shell
scripts to know which role keys are already loaded.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.