some feedback on fedora 10

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Dec 1 22:42:16 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: some feedback on fedora 10
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Date: 12/01/2008 04:32 PM

> These list messages are archived publicly, and that any mail addresses
> in the message bodies, including yours if present, are therefore visible
> to spam harvesters. OTOH the addresses in the messages headers are
> obscured by the list archiving software to make this more difficult.
>
> Rahul's request is completely reasonable.
>
> poc

The mail archive software automatically parses e-mail addresses and
obfuscates them enough to be safe from spammers. See for yourself:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-December/msg00208.html

Or check this reply in the archives. Your email was used in my
Thunderbird Quote add-on.

Is this thread not derailed enough already?