Quoting email addresses in replies

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 1 23:03:43 UTC 2008

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

> Exactly why I didn't give a hoot about Rahul's hurt feelings.

Let's not overdramatize. It has nothing to do with feelings but good
etiquette.

   The
> fact that a Fedora representive is unaware of this and/or wasting list
> bandwidth over it is both hillarious and pathetic.

I am not really a "Fedora representative" but I am well aware that
Fedora mailing list works around bad quoting. However there are other
mailing list gateways and archives which don't do that. It is generally
bad practise to quote email address in a reply. As simple as that.

Rahul