F10 NFS Install Query

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Dec 2 00:48:28 UTC 2008

Simon Andrews wrote:
> John Austin wrote:
>> I think it probably only needs the documentation updating
>> to say put the install.img file in an images subdirectory for an NFS
>> install
>
> I disagree.  You shouldn't need to do this - and it make it a right pain
> if (as I have) you have an i386 and and x86_64 iso in the same nfs
> directory.  Anaconda can handle this situation and I suspect that not
> being able to do this through the askmethod route will turn out to be a
> simple bug.

Chris Lumens of Red Hat indicated in bug 466992 that anacanda can *not*
handle this situation any more.  The change was intentional.  If you
have your ISOs in the same location, you can specify the location of
stage2.img using the stage2= parameter.  It's probably easier to just
keep different architectures' isos in separate directories (along with
images/install.img) though.