Revisor

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Dec 2 00:55:50 UTC 2008

The lists were moved to revisor-users at lists.fedorahosted.org this afternoon.

> I have been trying to build CentOS and Fedora on Fedora 9 and 10 with
> revisor for some time now with no succes at all. I have been trying
> different versions of revisor and different kinds builds (with CentOS
> and Fedora) on both Fedora 9 and 10. The result is alway some kind of
> error doing the beginning of the install process of the builded CD or
> DVD images.

Apparently there are issues with different versions of squashfs in new
Fedora releases and CentOS 5.  You can use "mock" to create a centos 5
chroot and run revisor from there, which I'm told will work.  I've
quoted Jeroen's more detailed directions at the end of this message.

Since the move, there's already been a post to the list about problems
composing Fedora 10, and I'm hoping to see a resolution.

> Has anybody have any succes building images with revisor lately?

Not yet.  I've been talking to the author about similar problems.  For
the moment, I'm just composing the install trees and then using the
vmlinuz/initrd/install.img from the distribution.

------

The nasty thing between a (recent) Fedora station composing EL5
installation or live media is the version mismatch between squashfs.

I very much doubt this is ever going to be solved, but you can run
revisor in a mock chroot:

# yum install mock
$ mock -r epel-5-i386 init
$ mock -r epel-5-i386 install comps-extras createrepo rhpl pykickstart \
~                    livecd-tools anaconda-runtime squashfs-tools \
~                    busybox-anaconda notify-python usermode \
~                    pam python automake intltool gettext \
~                    desktop-file-utils glib2-devel gcc \
~                    cobbler koan deltarpm pygtk pygtk2-libglade \
~                    gnome-python2-gconf system-config-kickstart jigdo \
~                    livecd-tools python-virtinst git

$ mock -r epel-5-i386 shell

mock-chroot> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/revisor
mock-chroot> cd revisor
mock-chroot> git checkout --track -b EL-5 origin/EL-5
mock-chroot> autoreconf && ./configure
mock-chroot> make install
mock-chroot> revisor --cli [options]

^ This is what I'm testing now, and it seems to work.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen