Could not detect stabilization, waiting 10 seconds

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 2 12:33:57 UTC 2008

Zhanhui Li wrote:
> Hello, buddies,
> I've tried to google a solution to the problem when starting the
> system "Could not detect stabilization, waiting 10 seconds.", but
> unfortunately I do not find a viable one, someone alleges it is a
> later found bug...But I am not sure...by the way, My computer is IBM
> R40, an old laptop, and I've upgraded to Fedora 10.
> One more thing, the system always warns me that it could find driver
> for "track point", the red navigator button. Is there one available?
> Thanks to all in advance!!
> Zhanhui Li

"Could not detect stabilization, waiting 10 seconds."

I have an F-10 desk top that does that also.  Installed from the Live
CD.  It doesn't seem to hurt anything except for the 10 sec. wait.
Beyond that it boots very fast.

I thought perhaps it is waiting for a signal that the hard drive is up
and ready but never gets it?  Waits a bit and then goes ...

Bob