decrypting iptables?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 2 13:33:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 19:16 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Actually, the most cryptic thing isn't any individual command
> (though they can certainly be cryptic too), it is the need to
> actually understand the obscure inner workings of internet
> protocols to realize there are rules you need beyond the
> obvious.

Ah yes, the fun and games you go through the first time you try to do
FTP through a firewall, or get file transfers to work with your instant
messaging program, none of which plays nicely with firewalls nor NAT.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.