installation F10 fails at early stage

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Tue Dec 2 17:21:30 UTC 2008

In an earlier post I mentioned that I could not install F10 on a new box
(Packard Bell). I created a new partition. A short time after inserting
the  installation DVD (or the live CD), the proces stops.
I can see the media verification check, then the message that anaconda
is running and then ..... nothing.
I created an USB-stick with the live CD iso-image, booted from it, and
again it is stopping soon after the beginning.
Did some googleing but could not find similar problems.
Would there be another way of installing F10 on this new system?
Would it be possible to format the new partition into VFAT using the
Disk Management tool of Vista, then copy the live-cd-iso-image to it and
then boot from this new partition?
Are there alternatives?
Thanks in advance.
Peter