Revisor

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Tue Dec 2 22:07:04 UTC 2008

Martin Schiøtz wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does somebody know what's going with the revisor project?

> When I try to post to the list i get an error message from the list
> server. All posts on the revisor-users and revisor-devel stopped at
> the 14th of october?
>
> I have been trying to build CentOS and Fedora on Fedora 9 and 10 with
> revisor for some time now with no succes at all. I have been trying
> different versions of revisor and different kinds builds (with CentOS
> and Fedora) on both Fedora 9 and 10. The result is alway some kind of
> error doing the beginning of the install process of the builded CD or
> DVD images.
> Has anybody have any succes building images with revisor lately?
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Same issues here:

Fortunately, the livecdtools are up to date, and the kickstarts are in
their own package now (spin-kickstarts).

I was able to customize a released kickstart file to my old
specifications and ended up with a customized live DVD that is
installable and installs my customizations as well.

Cool stuff, and kudos to the team for keeping up.

here is how I used it:

sudo livecd-creator --cache=/src/yum-cache --config=dev-10-x86_64
--fslabel=Fedora_Developer

where dev-10-x86_64 is my highly customized kickstart.

by using a specific cache directory I didn't have to re-download all
1800 packages every time I tested changes to the kickstart scripts --
and it took me a few times! :)

Good luck!