FC11: Two Suggestions

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Dec 2 22:19:41 UTC 2008

homburg at tips-Q.com wrote:
> That makes sense until you have a bunch of problems with a new
> installation and need to figure out how to make the edit to log into
> a UI as boot.

You don't *need* to do so¹.  If you think that you do, you really don't
have any business running as root anyway.  If you disagree, then you
should know well how to enable root login so that you may shoot at
your toes.

The default is a good one for the vast majority of users.  If you feel
that you are not in that group, then adjust things as needed.

¹ I cannot think of once in a decade that I've needed to login to a
  desktop UI as root.

    -- Aldous Huxley