firefox

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 23:17:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 21:42 +0100, Nick wrote:
> Ok that's fine but every time I restart firefox its offline again.
>
> I meant how to keep it so it's in the online mode when starting

Are you using NetworkManager? If so, is NM actually managing your
interface? If NM is running but not managing the interface, some apps
think they are offline when they aren't. This happens with Evolution and
(I think) with Firefox as well.

Solution: straighten out your NM setup (it's probably enough just to
right-click on the NM applet and mark the interface), or don't use it.

poc