question about custom spec file and patches

David Hláčik david at hlacik.eu
Thu Dec 4 10:07:42 UTC 2008

Hello guys,

Let's just say i want to build my own package fontconfig based on original
Fedora SRPM and add some custom patches.

After installing SRPM , i will have in SOURCES/ fontconfig-2.6.0.tar.gz ,
which is original .

Now i will apply first patch :

Patch1: patches.diff , and in %prep section i will execute : %patch1 -p1 .

Done, now i have patched source of fontconfig-2.6.0 in
BUILD/fontconfig-2.6.0/ directory.

This is easy and now it comes . Patch1 created additional directory
BUILD/fontconfig-2.6.0/add_patches/ . In this directory there are 3 more
patches ,patchX.diff, patchY.diff, patchZ.diff .

I need to use them in %prep section , after i will execute Patch1.

Please tell me how ?

Thanks in advance!

David