F10 - I REALLY want to log in as root -- was Re: root login

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 4 18:05:59 UTC 2008

Fred Silsbee wrote:

> [...]

When you are attempting to debug why drivers and such are not working,
being root saves time which is saving money. Once things work, then I go
back to 'normal'.

Yes, I often open a terminal window and su, and then 'nautilus &', but
that has given me wierd behaviour. And then I want to sftp some root
files over, gFTP is nice. Most things can be done without being root,
and take a few hours more. I am not an expert at this stuff. My job is
to work on security protocols, not OSs.