F10 - What's with Kudzu?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 4 18:38:43 UTC 2008

I was told earlier that F10 does not need kudzu, but if I am having
problems with hardware, I probably should try it....

So eventhough lspci shows my Atheros wireless and my VIA sound chips,
they are not working.  I decide to give Kudzu a try:

yum install kudzu
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package kudzu-1.2.85-1.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

Oh?

kudzu
-bash: kudzu: command not found

locate kudzu
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_kudzumodule.so
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kudzu.py
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kudzu.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kudzu.pyo
/usr/share/doc/kudzu-1.2.85
/usr/share/doc/kudzu-1.2.85/README
/usr/share/selinux/devel/include/admin/kudzu.if

where is the executable? How does Kudzu work now?