F10 and vlc

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Fri Dec 5 14:46:37 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Wow,
> out of the loop (I skipped F9), I have vlc and gstreamer-bad/ugly installed.
> Totem plays mp3's and xvids fine, but vlc is choppy as heck. Given that totem
> is not exactly what I would prefer to use, how does one fix vlc?

<aol>Me Too!<aol>

I haven't tried any video yet, just MP3.  Before I installed the
gstreamer plugins packages, I wasn't getting anything at all.  Now VLC
just gives choppy output.  Amarok, in contrast, works well now that I
have the proper plugins.  Hopefully someone who knows how to fix will
chime in.

 -Don