root in FC 10

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 5 16:25:07 UTC 2008

From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>

 >Already done that. Just chirping in again about why someone relatively
 >sane would want to log in as root...

Because he's actually, you know, SANE and does not get an attack of the
vapours and go all weak-kneed at the thought of actually doing something
while logged in as root.

The fervour with which the "don't ever use root" religionists propogate
their faith just pisses me off.

There are places and times for using root and there are places and times
for not being root. Don't let your damn religion obscure that fact.

Geoff