Current state of multi-core awareness

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:58:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, yum explodes in several hundred pieces if you try to try to use
> multiple threads. I don't even think rpm is threadsafe.

right the codebases we have right now are not threadsafe. I realize
that.  My question was more blue sky in nature.

Assuming that you don't screw around with librpm at all and leave it
as it is. Are there steps in the depsolving which could be done in
parallel python threads which would be a large enough time savings to
matter? Or is everything of interest done via a call into librpm?

-jef