Which alsa packages are default in Fedora 10

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri Dec 5 20:12:40 UTC 2008

I'm trying to help someone with sound problems on Fedora 10. I don't have F10
installed, and am not sure which alsa packages are installed on a fresh
install of F10.

I know the alsa-driver is 1.0.17, but he is showing alsa-lib as 1.0.18rc3, and
alsa-utils as 1.0.18. This seems a bit strange, as the alsa driver is an
earlier version than those for alsa-lib, and alsa-utils.

Could someone have a look in Yumex, and see which alsa-lib, and alsa-utils
versions are installed on their machine.

Please say whether this is after or before doing a post install yum update,
and if the rpmfusion repo's are enabled, or not.

Many thanks for replies.

Nigel.