F10 Evo filtering unbearably slow

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Dec 6 00:05:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:52:35 -0500
Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> wrote:

> Anyone else seeing this behavior?  Any suggestions for
> fixes/workarounds?

If you are really totally wired to evolution and exchange
connector, my only advice is to setup a Windows virtual machine
where you can run outlook just long enough to setup the
exchange server-side filtering rules, then turn off filtering
in evolution since the sxchange server will have done it
for you. (Too bad no one has ever made a linux interface
to the filter rules, at least I don't know of one).

Sure you can't use imap to talk to exchange?