want to prevent people from making mistakes?

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sat Dec 6 18:16:52 UTC 2008

Jose Celestino wrote:
> Words by David [Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 01:01:41PM -0500]:
>
>> Fred Silsbee wrote:
>>
>>>               put F10 back in beta
>>>
>> Everyone else has been polite as you rant and rave about 'no GUI root
>> logins' by default. You want them? Change the settings.
>>

> What? Who the f would want that?
>
> Sorry, arrived late on the thread.

Fred has some problems with F10.  Therefore the release must not be
ready.....

This happens every release.  Someone has an issue and goes on a rant.
It does get wearisome.  This is what my email filters live for.

FWIW,  F10 is working fine on two systems here, one a self built, the
other is an older Toshiba Satellite laptop.  I have yet to encounter any
of the issues that Fred has.

~~R