No dates in kmail

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Dec 6 18:33:54 UTC 2008

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> Please can some other KDE user check this out - it looks like a bug.
>> I'll mention it on a KDE list as well, to try to ascertain whether it's a
>> KDE bug or a Fedora one.
>>
> Using f10 and kde4.1.3, with kmail-1.10.3, the dates show as:
>
> Today 09:17:23
>
> etc
>
> ...and the date field in the headers views is perfectly fine.

Same here. Seems fine.
What I sometimes find confusing is the horizontal spacing of these items -
sometimes something disappears to the right
because the item to the left of it has been assigned too much space.

Incidentally, what has happened to me recently in kmail -
nothing at all to do with the above problem -
is that I am asked for my wallet password for IMAP accounts
both on entering kmail - which I don't mind -
but also on leaving kmail, which is new and seems slightly odd.
Probably more to do with IMAP than kmail, though,
and therefore doubly OT here ...