want to prevent people from making mistakes?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Dec 7 20:09:06 UTC 2008

On Suturday, 7 Dec 2008 00:59:12 -0400,
"Armin Moradi" <feng.shaun at gmail.com> wrote :

> linuxguy123,
>
> I think you are mixing up the free (as in speech) mind-set, versus the
> proprietary mind-set of
> the-company-has-to-fix-everything-and-I-just-have-to-sit-back-and-relax.
>
> Free software works differently.

You mean, by grabbing the sources from each project web site.  Yeah, I
agree.

But if I was to make a distro, I'd like to make it a point of
consistency so that users of the unified set of packages are not
disappointed from one distro version to the other.  And if that means
sticking to some pervious versions of packages, until at least an update
path for the users is clearly elaborated, so then be it.

After all, I wouldn't be doing that for money, isn't it ?

Why would I have to show off the latest in my distro if some of the
latest have shortcomings ?  Only for showing off ?  Not even getting
money in doing so ?  Nah, not worth it.  And I wouldn't like to treat
my users as beta testers.