Odd yum warning (error?) with FC10

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Dec 8 03:16:59 UTC 2008

Dave Burns wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com
> <mailto:davidsen at tmr.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm getting this message on two of my three FC10 installs.
>
>     Any ideas (a) what caused it, and (b) if it's causing more than
>     cosmetic damage? I'm still getting updates applied...
>
>     Attached to prevent mail damage.
>
>     --
>     Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com <mailto:davidsen at tmr.com>>
>      "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
>     the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot
>
>     tenspot:root> yum check-update
>     Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
>     fedora
>             | 2.8 kB     00:00
>     Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
>

> The repository you ended up using is a bit out of date.
> I think it is harmless. If it makes you nervous, don't answer 'yes' at
> the prompt and just run yum again and you likely will get a different
> repo. Or wait a while and the repo will eventually get updated.
> Dave

The message I attached was generated two days ago, and has not change or gone
away since the November dates mentioned in the message (19th and 24th?). I
expected it to go away...

I have also run wireshark on DNS packets to verify that I am going to multiple
repositories. This isn't anything obvious, at least to me.  :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>