Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 07:18:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> By the way, if you think security fixes only would be a crappy form
> of "support", consider that it's all Debian is ever offering for their
> stable releases. So I don't think dropping back to that model after 13
> months of full upgrade support would be a bad thing if we could pull it
> off. But the problem is that the amount of work is hard to quantify and
> that we can't really experiment with it without the infrastructure to do
> so,

Perhaps someone needs to put in the necessary work in to dust off the
KoPeR idea.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos

If that were available, would that provide enough infrastructure
access for build and SCM needs?

Once delta rpms are officially available in the build system, would
hosting delta rpms in a 3rd party repo significantly reduce the
bandwidth consumption issues of hosting an experimental repository for
extended maintenance?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto

-jef