Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

homburg at tips-Q.com homburg at tips-Q.com
Mon Dec 8 18:24:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:49:20 -0700
stan <goedigi89__e at cox.net> wrote:

> Now, it is good that you care enough about Fedora to
> offer suggestions, but if you don't help implement those
> suggestions you shouldn't be offended or angry if they
> aren't followed.

It's kind of a circular, symbiotic scheme. Installing FC on
my laptop and filing bug reports from time to time allows
Red Hat to develop RHEL. RHEL facilitates CentOS which is
installed on my server and performs flawlessly.

Those who wish to separate FC from Red Hat are unrealistic.
Red Hat is a publicly held company with responsibilities to
its shareholders. Without their sponsorship, FC becomes
impossible. I have tried just about every distro. I keep
coming back to FC. The only one that has its own
unique virtues (IMO - YMMV) is GenToo but it can be a major
PITA. BTW, I heartily recommend that every newbie install
Gentoo to a virtual machine. It is a terrific learning
experience.

--
"Neither Lifestyle nor Agenda"
http://www.tips-Q.com