wine on fedora 8 X86_64, can't installed

L yuanlux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 05:15:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:43 AM, James Wilkinson
<fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk>wrote:

> L wrote:
> > when install wine on fedora 9 X86_64, always got the following errors?
> >
> > Any one has luck on this?

> > Transaction Check Error:
> >   file /usr/share/man/man5/ldap.conf.5.gz from install of
> > openldap-2.4.10-2.fc9.i386 conflicts with file from package
> > openldap-2.4.8-3.fc9.x86_64
>
> Wine will pull in the i386 (32 bit) version of any packages it needs
> (unless they're already installed). The 32 bit version of openldap is
> newer than the 64 bit one that is already on your machine.
>
> I have a copy of openldap-2.4.10-2.fc9.x86_64.rpm (the newer version of
> the 64 bit version) in yum cache, from the updates-testing-newkey
> directory. It is about a month old. So you probably haven't done a
> system update in at least that length of time.
>
> Ideally, do a full yum update, then try again. If you have bandwidth
> issues, then at least do a
> yum update openldap libselinux alsa-lib libxslt
>
> (There are similar problems with the other packages.)

thanks
I finally found there are two versions of openldap etc in system:

openldap-2.4.8-3.fc9.x86_64 openldap-clients-2.4.8-3.fc9.x86_64

and

openldap-2.4.10-2.fc9.x86_64
openldap-clients-2.4.10-2.fc9.x86_64

Can't understand why they are co-existing

after remove them, installation was completed smoothly