Fedora 10 kickstart install ignoring "updates" repository

Peter Schwenk schwenk at math.udel.edu
Tue Dec 9 15:10:55 UTC 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Peter Schwenk wrote:
>
>> Yep, I added a "repo" line for it in my kickstart file.  The
>> console message shows that it looked at the repo but "ignored" it
>> because it considered it to be a duplicate.  My install repo and
>> the updates repo certainly aren't the same, but something makes the
>> install think it is.
>
> Is this a local repo? Have you run createpo -d tagainst the repo to
> make sure that the metadata reflects the content?
>
> Rahul

No, I haven't.  I just rsynced it from a mirror and went on my merry
way.  The repo is being housed on one of my Mac servers, so I'll need
to figure out how to do a "createpo -d"  (is that a typo?) on it.
Perhaps I'll need to mount it on an F10 box and run it from there.

--
Peter Schwenk
Campus IT Associate 3