Odd yum warning (error?) with FC10

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Dec 9 17:22:01 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 10:59 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Since the packages are being updated, I'm somewhat dubious that an
>> out-of-date repo is the cause here.
>
> Does your computer clock go out of whack from time to time?  If your
> clock had gone into the future when you did an update, that might cause
> your local cached data to seem newer than later attempts.

No, I have no clock issues, on the rare occasion of a reboot the system always
comes up within a sec or two of the time standard. I have a level 4 NTP server
behind the firewall, just to avoid time issues. I think it's more subtle than
that, and wouldn't produce the same exact times on two machines in any case.

Must be local, but I have no idea what, and now I have another F10 install which
works fine, so two fine, two warning but updating. Most odd.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>