Fedora Architecture Questions

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:49:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Michael Peterson
<mjpeterson5060 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> This is my first post so please ignore the formatting. I have server questions about the Fedora 10 architecture that I will list below this message. I am need to present a brief presentation to my Operating Systems class involving various components of the OS. I have spent the past few days researching the web including multiple Fedora project websites and online databases and found nothing. If anyone is able to give me some simple answers or even relevant information or sources would be wonderful.
>
> -CPU Scheduling algorithms used by Fedora
> -Techniques used by Fedora for message passing between process/threads
> -Techniques for Shared Memory
> -Process Synchronization techniques supported by Fedora
> -Methods of dealing with deadlocks
> -What languages was used to design the OS
> -What API do application developers uses (is it posix)
> -Implementation structure (modular, layered...)
>
> If anyone else thinks of a related question like this that feels it may be useful to me please post it and its answer. Thank you so much for the help!

Those are questions about Linux, not specifically about Fedora. You'd
probably have better luck doing your research on the Linux kernel, as
-- to a first approximation -- Fedora is simply a distro that packages
the kernel with a lot of other stuff which doesn't affect your
research. There is a wealth of material on Linux kernel design out
there, including several books and a huge amount of mailing-list stuff
(which you would probably drown in).

poc