f9 FireFox and Sound.

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Dec 9 17:50:07 UTC 2008

Reg Clemens wrote:
> Actually I didnt answer the question asked.
> Yes this has to do with FLASH, but its more than that.
> I dont have any sound at all on f9.
> On fc6 sound works for everything that generates sound.

You've checked all of your volume sliders?  I see sporadic sound
failures with Flash animations on my F9 X86_64 system.  Usually,
restarting firefox fixes the problem, so I assume its a plug-in issue.

If you're problem is more than that, I'd go back to
system-config-soundcard and start from there.  Check your system logs
for any/all information it gives you about your sound card during boot
up, and go from there.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com