I need to see open connections this moment - With Iptables i can only see logs

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Dec 9 21:05:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 21:21:54 +0100,
  Carlos Carrero Gutierrez <mgdpz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i use Iptables and i would like to find a tool or software in order
> to see my open connections. In doesn't care if it's a gui or not, and it
> can be not interactive (of course).
>
> Wireshark capture paquets but i can't be constantly searching if a
> paquet is correct or not.
>
> Somebody could help me?

Look at lsof if you are interested in what programs or users correspond to
thos connections.
If you are more interested in flows iptables uses state (at least if you
are using --cstate) and there should be a way to dump that information.
This will tell you about connectionless protocols that were recently
used in addition to connections.