Getting actual source for a kernel

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Dec 10 00:10:44 UTC 2008

Please read this entire question before giving me the obvious answer...

Is there any way to get the actual source to the binary kernels available? What
koji has as source is the kernel.org source, STABLE patch, and dozens of patches
with no way to tell which are applied to any given binary kernel before it's
built, and in what order.

I poked about on koji trying to find the list of patches in order, but had no
success.
Example:
   Binary	kernel-PAE-2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686.rpm
   Source	kernel-2.6.27.7-53.fc9.src.rpm

Is there some way to get the list of patches needed to build this kernel? I sure
couldn't find any way to get a clean application of even the ext4 patch sets, so
I could do some testing.

Is this information deliberately restricted or just never made available?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>