packagekit problem on F10

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Dec 10 02:47:56 UTC 2008

Just tonight when I try "add/remove software" and choose a category or
enter a search string I'm getting an error dialog that contains:

	Failed to get a TID: A security policy in place prevents
	this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
	message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
	"org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction" member "SetLocale"
	error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.PackageKit") (0)

I HAD added "samba client" to "trusted services" in the firewall configuration
app, but that's all I changed.

I've tried to restore the default workstation options, but that didn't
help any.

[later...] just disabled the firewall and that didn't fix it. so,...

Does someone know what I've screwed up now, and more importantly how to
solve it?

Thanks!

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----