Firefox3 silently fails to save file (Fedora 8)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Dec 10 08:47:23 UTC 2008

wwp wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I noticed that with Firefox 3 (3.0 as well as 3.0.4 from remi's repos)
> in my Fedora 8 sometimes silently fails to save a file (downloaded).
>
> This happens when I attempt to save the download to a directory where I
> don't have write access.. easy to fix (PEBCAK), but IMO *silently*
> failing is a bug from Firefox 3.
>
> Did anyone notice that behaviour?

No, I don't see that behavior.  Can't say I normally try saving to a
directory I don't own...but when I just tried it did say it could be
complete the operation.

--
Why my thoughts are my own, when they are in, but when they are out they
are another's. -- Susanna Martin, executed for witchcraft, 1681
Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com