I need Miredo for F10

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 10 13:14:45 UTC 2008

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>> A further option considering "Miredo is an open-source Teredo IPv6
>> tunneling software for..."[1], would be to snag a copy of the source
>> to Miredo[2] and build it on F10... of course that assumes that the
>> software has something sort of nice like a configure script to let the
>> OP know that they need more 'devel' packages and that the OP
>> understands what the configure script is asking for.
>>

> But the more top-level question is WHY????  Isn't the Fedora built-in
> IPv6 networking up to the task?

And if you are on a v4 network and need v6 connectivity? That is
Miredo's roll. It is a transition mechinism. Lots of discussions about
it at the IETF meeting last month in the IPv6OPS workgroup.

Actually, I am working on a project that is using HIP (infrahip.hiit.fi)
over IPv6 (with Miredo where needed), doing secure mobility and NAT
traversal (Miredo over ICE). SIP and P2PSIP are my apps for this.

What has driven me to even spend time with F10 is two-fold: The 2.6.27
kernel has the IPsec ESP BEET mode patch, I no longer have to work on
patching the kernel or running HIP in userspace. Hopefully some of the
problems I have had with my OQOs (www.oqo.com) will just work with F10
(I almost have suspend/resume working). Otherwise, I would just be using
Centos, as part of my 'model' is to be production for this.