Plymouth + intelfb (i965) ?

Caitlyn O'Hanna ravenoak at virtualxistenz.com
Wed Dec 10 19:28:43 UTC 2008

> Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> >> Yes it does, I've also found that using vga=0x361 works as well and
> >> uses the proper resolution (1280x800).
> >
> > Good to know. This resolution has the same aspect ratio that I use here,
> > though with a different resolution. Where did you get this information?
> > Were there other values/resolutions for Intel chipsets?
>
> vga=ask will tell you. There is in kernel documentation for more details
> as well.

I found that on my system it only lists official VESA resolutions, i.e.
only 4:3 up to 1920x1200.  Since this is a lattop with a 16:10 screen, I
wanted at least the correct ratio and spent a week googling for some
answers.  I found that setting on a TuxOnIce how-to at
http://mhensler.de/swsusp/fbsplash_en.php

--Caitlyn