F10: Can't add printer on fresh install

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 23:32:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 23:11 +0100, kanato wrote:
> I'm having this same problem.  I just installed 64 bit Fedora 10 and I
> can't add a printer, either through system-config-printer or
> http://localhost:631/. [1]  I've gone through the troubleshooter in
> system-config-printer and it connects to the network server and finds
> the printers.

Anyone having problems with adding printers: please try the cups update:
  http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2008-11118

If this doesn't fix the problem, and you're problem only shows up with
system-config-printer, please try this test update:
  http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/system-config-printer-1.0.12-3.fc10

Tim.
*/