Unable to boot with LVM mount on USB drive (Fedora 10)

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 13:05:32 UTC 2008

Bruce Thompson wrote:
> Just got home to try it out, that did the trick nicely.
>
> BTW for those that may have influence, would it be unreasonable to
> expect the default initrd to include usb-storage?

The current approach is to build initramfs images that are tailored to a
specific system - only the modules actually required to get the root
file system going are included by default.

You can override that using the "--with" option to mkinitrd. I think you
can also set this up persistently by adding a "MODULES=" entry to
/etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd.

Regards,
Bryn.