F10 - dIsabling IPv4 addressing

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 11 17:09:08 UTC 2008

I am doing IPv6 testing and do NOT want any IPv4 addresses on my eth0.
I have RADVD running on my network to supply my v6 prefixes.

So in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0, I edit BOOTPROTO to =none

When I save ifcfg-eth0, NetworkManager reports the network is down.  If
I start eth0 in NetworkManager, I get IPv4 addresses.  If I use ifdown
to bring eth0 back down, then ifup, I don't get IPv4 addresses, only my
IPv6 global assignment.

What do I have to do to get the desired behaviour?

Oh, I am logged in as root, so I don't have to futz with permissions to
fiddle with the interface.