infrastructure modest proposal

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Dec 11 17:52:07 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:33:49 -0800 Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>> Isn't that sort of the intent of the "testing" repo?
>
> I dunno :-). Maybe we don't need another layer, maybe we just need
> the simple check for obvious dependency problems in "testing", but
> I think maybe the the associated packages might be in "testing"
> already, yet they weren't marked to go to "updates" at the same time.

Perhaps a more useful bit of QA prior to each push of packages to
"updates" would be to prep a new client (use mock), enable the [testing]
repo, add "includepkgs = <package list>", and then pass "<package list>"
to "yum install".  If there are dependency problems, yum will fail.

If you're concerned about it, you might want to propose such a thing in
the dev list.