Accidently Removed "Add/Remove Programs"

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:47:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:34 AM, merogringo
<no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org> wrote:
> Just ran a Yum Update and now everything is back to normal.
>
> They really should have tested the previous updates before releasing them.  I can tell a lot of users and admins were not very happy with it.

The maintainer responsible for the pre-mature update has apologized.
He's not particularly happy about having caused the problem. Mistakes
happen.

I personally look forward to the day when the open source software
ecosystem toolset achieves self-awareness and starts writing and
implementing its own release policies, removing the need for any human
interaction in the process at all.  That will be a glorious 3.4
milliseconds before the newly aware computer overmind concludes that
humans should be purged. As our world burns, open source advocates
like myself will be able to take solace in the knowledge that the
dominant sentient species on the planet from that day forward will
have open source ideals as a core belief. We will have won the debate.

-jef"Terminator 6: The Open Revolution"spaleta