F10 and Pulseaudio

Niels Weber nathelbiya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 22:03:01 UTC 2008

2008/12/9 Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>:
> Niels Weber wrote:
>> All games have no sound though, even those installed from the Fedora
>> repository (for example "Battle for Wesnoth").
>>
> Fedora is for serious uses, you should be doing software development and
> running servers.  ;-)

Actually, I just found out that sound _was_ working in Wesnoth, only
for some reason the game was set up not to play any sounds. So in that
case it was a visit to the games setup page.
Quake 4 needed a "yum install alsa-lib.i386
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i386" as I had only the 64bit version
installed.
Neverwinter Nights worked as well afterwards.

So it seems that Pulseaudio is working after all... now I need only to
find out how to get surround sound.

Niels