3g Cards

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Fri Dec 12 00:07:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 00:15 +0200, James Matthews wrote:
> HI,
>
> I want to start using my 3g card however i don't know it works with
> Fedora. Can someone please show me a list of 3g cards that work with
> linux. (I couldn't find one using Google)
>
> Thanks
> James

It would be easier if you could tell people on the list what 3G card you
have. Someone could then confirm if it works, or what might be needed to
make it work. I don't think a list exists as you describe it.

I'm using an AT&T USB Connect Mercury (Sierra Wireless) card for my
Internet connection as I write and send this message. This particular
card did not work out of the box with NetworkManager, but there was a
fairly simple work-around to get it up and running.

I also filed a bugzilla request against hal-info so that this
work-around (hopefully) won't be needed in the future...

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Only two things are infinite,