packagekit

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Fri Dec 12 00:08:22 UTC 2008

Alex Makhlin wrote:
> Community driven effort is correct and is how it should be but you are
> closing your eyes if you believe that ReadHat is not using Fedora as
> their test environment. It is a fact that even ReadHat will not deny!
> But in another hand we do get the ability to use their latest/greatest
> and debug it before it goes into their Enterprise addition which earns
> them quite a bit of $$. So lets get real here, don't give us
> tomorrow's product to debug, give us today's!
If you want today's Red Hat product, then you can either purchase it,
download all the source they give away and build it yourself, or use
something like CentOS or Scientific Linux which has already done the
hard work for you.  But, if you want today's Red Hat product, then you
shouldn't use Fedora.

Woogie