Contributions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 10:25:44 UTC 2008

Dave Stevens wrote:

> And on that note, do you see any substantial contributions coming from
> academics?

I don't see much of code but there are a number of people with a
background in Academics one way or the other, contributing. Usually, on
their own.

They have salaries too even if they aren't commercial orgs,
> likewise non-profit orgs and gov't. Didn't DHS contribute scalpel and
> foremost? didn't yum come from Duke?

Seth Vidal used to work as a sys admin in Duke and wrote yum to help
automate more of his work. I don't know if I would consider that a Duke
contribution necessarily but Duke has helped out in a number of other
substantial ways. Hardware and bandwidth for some of the Fedora
infrastructure systems for quite sometime for instance.

http://fedoraproject.org/sponsors

Rahul