Volgroup00 not found

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 02:08:07 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, Timothy Murphy <tim at maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> From: Timothy Murphy <tim at maths.tcd.ie>
> Subject: Re: Volgroup00 not found
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 5:42 PM
> Braden McDaniel wrote:
>
> > After installing F10 and rebooting, I get
> "Volgroup00 not found".
> >
> > I installed F10 over an existing Fedora installation.
> (I did not
> > perform an upgrade.) I can boot to rescue mode and
> things seem to be
> > mounted okay under /mnt/sysimage. What can I do to fix
> this?
>
> I'm probably out of my depth,
> but what happens if you boot with Knoppix or some other
> Linux CD,
> and say "sudo vgchange -a y" ?
>

> --

For some reason or another, I see a similar message on rawhide.  I poweroff manually, Then restart/start up machine normally and it boots.  But it says /dev/mapper/Volgroup01 not found, and then it changes the 01 to 00 on the subsequent boot and it works.  So maybe he can see if it boots or not that way.

Regards,

Antonio