NFS broken

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 13 05:34:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 19:54 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Follow that down until you see my post including FIX in the
> subject. ;-)

Did you get any SELinux error notifications through the GUI tool that's
supposed to warn you about these things?

Here, NFS has started to fail, and just fails to work, with no
indication as to why, other than the following in /var/log/messages:

Dec 13 15:58:31 suspishus kernel: rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
Dec 13 15:58:31 suspishus kernel: RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errno 5).
Dec 13 15:58:31 suspishus automount[2270]: lookup_nss_mount: key "/net/server/home" not found in map.

It'd only be guesswork, and trial and error, that'd cause me to suspect
SELinux being the reason for NFS stopping.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.